All Miami Bridge professional social work staff, including case managers possess a master’s degrees in a social, behavioral or rehabilitative science or a bachelor’s degree and professional experience in counseling and case management. Youth Activity Workers are required to have a minimum of a high school diploma and one year of experience working with youth. Their job duties include providing direct care and supervision of youth, including client transportation, reporting and data entry duties. Our team is supplemented with select service personnel, including: Residential Operations Coordinators, Cooks, and Youth Health-Care Coordination Specialists. Our management team provides planning, oversight, staff supervision, quality assurance, general management, financial services, evaluation, and reporting. Each employee who fills out a standard application for employment undergoes drug screening, an FBI background check, a Florida Department of Law Enforcement background check, and a local criminal background check prior to employment (in accordance with Chapter 985.407, Florida Statutes and DJJ policy). All law enforcement background checks include child abuse registry checks. Random drug screens are done throughout the year on all employees as well as monthly driver’s license checks. Volunteers and interns must also undergo background checks.
Human Resources Generalist Part-Time
The mission of Miami Bridge Youth and Family Services Inc. is to promote positive youth development and strengthen and support families to enable children to reach their full potential to become productive community members.
Our organization is driven by the vision of a community in which every child is able to access the full range of social, educational and institutional opportunities necessary to succeed in life. Read more about our compelling mission at www.miamibridge.orgWhat will You Do?
You will be the main generalist at the Miami Bridge workplaces accountable for working with the leaders of the organization to foster a culture of engagement and execute their people strategy working closely with the HR team of Centro.
To this end, you will be responsible for the following.
- Implement programs and processes developed for the various work teams.
- Serve as resource for staff and leaders on policy interpretation, basic employee relations issues, escalating appropriately to the Centro HR Leader for complex issues and report to the Centro HR leader on all employee activity on a weekly basis.
- Prepare reports for HR dashboard on a weekly basis to provide HR data points and analysis for leadership team.
- You will ensure that all relevant correspondence is appropriately documented.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to requests from internal work teams and external organizations for employee data requests.
- Perform recruitment activities for all open positions.
- Prepare and onboard new employees using effective programs developed with Centro HR.
- Work with leadership team on payroll processing, resolving any pay issues effectively and timely. Report any relevant information or challenges to Centro HR for immediate resolution and issues management relative to the employee database.
- Make suggestions to leadership team and Centro HR leader leveraging opportunities to make Miami Bridge a great place to work.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements, whether federal, state, municipal or otherwise are met accordingly. Interact with agencies, as needed as a representative of Miami Bridge. Train employees on required programs or processes and identify learning development opportunity and deployment schedule annually.
- Maintain office hours in all Miami Bridge locations, including agreed upon service hours, which may include one weekend day per week.
- You will maintain confidentiality in your work and in your interactions with the staff and leadership. You are also expected to escalate any ethical issues that you have uncovered to the CEO and Centro HR Leader immediately, appropriately document and work with towards resolution.
- The role reports to the CEO of Miami Bridge .
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 0-3 years of progressive HR experience in an environment where you didn’t require daily direction
- Experience working with people at all levels of an organization
- Experience working on project teams
- Basic knowledge of laws and regulations governing HR
- Experience or creative ability to arrive at team building experiences for work teams
- Proven willingness and ability to learn. Demonstrated need to not always live the status quo. Ability to appropriately challenge and arrive at mutual solutions, while maintaining composure
- Demonstrated professionalism in manner, work style and interactions
- Detail orientation is an absolute must in this role, as well as ensuring that information provided to staff is accurate
- Business Acumen and a willingness to learn and live the values and goals of the business
Miami Bridge is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All qualified applicants must be able to satisfy the Department of Homeland Security Form I-9 requirement with the documents necessary to verify identity & employmentJob Type: Part-time Education: Bachelor's (Required)
MSW/BSW CASE MANGER - FULL TIME (MIAMI)
BSW CASE MANGER - PART TIME (MIAMI)
On-Call Youth Activity Worker