All Miami Bridge professional social work staff, including case managers possess a master’s degrees in a social, behavioral or rehabilitative science or a bachelor’s degree and professional experience in counseling and case management. Youth Activity Workers are required to have a minimum of a high school diploma and one year of experience working with youth. Their job duties include providing direct care and supervision of youth, including client transportation, reporting and data entry duties. Our team is supplemented with select service personnel, including: Residential Operations Coordinators, Cooks, and Youth Health-Care Coordination Specialists. Our management team provides planning, oversight, staff supervision, quality assurance, general management, financial services, evaluation, and reporting. Each employee who fills out a standard application for employment undergoes drug screening, an FBI background check, a Florida Department of Law Enforcement background check, and a local criminal background check prior to employment (in accordance with Chapter 985.407, Florida Statutes and DJJ policy). All law enforcement background checks include child abuse registry checks. Random drug screens are done throughout the year on all employees as well as monthly driver’s license checks. Volunteers and interns must also undergo background checks.
The Administrative Assistant shall have 2 years experience & reports directly to the Chief Executive officer.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative & clerical support
- Assist with special projects as required by management
- Prepare & modify documents including correspondence, reports & emails
- Meeting Planning
- Develop and distribute the Monthly News Letter
- Social Media
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes nonprofits mission by completing related results as needed.
- Key Competencies
- Professional personal presentation
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Microsoft Office
- Organizing & planning skills
- Accountability Work schedule requires flexibility. i.e variance in schedule from 8:30am-5:00pm, 9:00am-5:30pm, 10:00am-6:30pm, 11:00am-7:30pm, as needed Must be able to pass drug screen and level 2 Background Screen
Chief Programming Officer
The Chief Programing Officer oversees the implementation of programming for the emergency shelter youth and youth seen in the community. Provides supervision to all staff facilitating Miami Bridge programs. Demonstrates cultural competency and sensitivity to all service populations, employees and stakeholders.
1. Monitors counseling and direct care staff coverage schedule.
2. Participates in and conducts in-service training, attends conferences and workshops as assigned. Participates in routine meetings and staffing.
3. Develops and maintains relationships with other community organizations to facilitate delivery of comprehensive services to youth and their family.
4. Works closely with Chief Compliance Officer to coordinate outcomes and all aspects of client case management to meet required standards of care for accrediting and licensing agencies.
5. Provides outreach presentations to targeted audiences in the community.
6. Provides and documents supervision to counselors.
7. Provides supervision and support to assure development of appropriate client case plans and timely resolution of cases and formal case closings.
8. Conducts or assigns weekly review of client case files and signs off on required documents as mandated by grants and contractual agreements.
Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
Computer experience required
Strong writing\and documentation skills required
Must have clean driving record.
On-Call Youth Activity Worker
MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO EITHER 2:30pm-11:00pm or 10:30pm-7:00am any day of the week based on the needs of the business.
Miami Bridge Youth and Family Services seeks On-Call Youth Activity Worker for its Miami shelter. Individual must be able to LEAD and ENGAGE youth in daily activities. Position requires strong experience with “At Risk Teens”, clean driving record (valid driver’s license with auto insurance) and ability to pass background and drug screening.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule (Evenings, Overnight and Weekends), successfully complete new hire training and 90 day probation period.
Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English)
Valid FL Driver’s License with CLEAN driving record